Certified Personal Trainer serving Destin, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach and the surrounding area, offering in-Home Workouts and more.
What should I include in my fitness program?
1. Cardio: Any movement that gets your heart rate up and increases blood flow throughout your body such as: biking, jogging, swimming.
2. Strength Training: After age 30, we lose 1/2 pound of muscle every year if we don’t strength train. Lifting weights helps prevent muscle loss through aging and promotes healthy bones.
3. Core Strength: focuses on the muscles in the abs, hips, back. Core exercises provide strength, balance, and stability for the rest of your body.
4. Balance Training: We lose 1% of our balance each year after age 40. Balance training helps our body react in an unstable environment and improves our core strength and joint stability.
5. Flexibility: Otherwise known as “stretching” helps joints move through a full range of motion. Finally….nutrition, a healthy diet of carbs, fats, and protein, is a “must” for any fitness program!